Under Car Services and Repair in Manchester NH | Under Car Specialist
Today’s braking systems have been greatly improved with the integration of computers into these systems. Antilock braking utilizes speed sensors at each wheel to feed information to a processing unit that monitors these and other sensors to determine the best braking application. In a panic or wet/snow stop the sensor information would be used to inhibit a wheel(s) from locking up thereby allowing shorter stopping distances and improved steering control. Inspection of this system would include, but not be limited to:
Brakes & Anti-lock Brakes
- Thorough road test & exterior light inspection
- Scan tool diagnosis to pull codes and data from the system
- Inspect brake fluid level & condition
- Inspect braking components including; lines & hoses, brake pads & shoes, hardware, calipers & wheel cylinders
- Inspection of various sensors & control units & plumbing
- Analyze data, codes, and other technical data to recommend repair
Traction control systems utilize many of the same components that already exist in a vehicle’s antilock braking system. Speed sensors at each wheel feed information to the processing unit that then can tell if a wheel has lost or is losing traction.
The system will then pulse the brakes on the slipping wheel and on many systems allow more power to be transferred to the non-slipping wheels. Through the many tools & data systems at our disposal, Bob & Sons are able to diagnose & repair these systems. A traction control problem will usually be accompanied by an “antilock” brake light on also.
Steering & Suspension
Today’s automobiles are quieter, ride more smoothly, get more miles to the gallon of gasoline and pollute a fraction of cars 15 years or older. However, all this ride luxury is very dependent on a properly maintained steering & suspension system. A thorough steering and suspension examination would include the following:
- Extensive road test on various road conditions
- Tire pressure & wear examination to identify alignment issues
- Examine wheels for damage or wobble problems
- Examination of tie rod ends idler arm, ball joints, bushings & hardware
- Examination of steering box or steering gear, fluid retention
- Power steering pump & related hoses & belt
- Shock absorbers and/or Macpherson struts for wear/leaks
- Front-wheel drive boots & axles for leaks or damage
- Advice on findings and recommend repairs
Front/Four Wheel Drive
Front wheels and four-wheel drive systems provide improved handling, traction, and road feel compared to other rear-wheel drive cars. Many manufacturers are using “all-wheel” drive systems in many cars and sport utility vehicles. These systems have unique characteristics and associated problems. Bob & Sons has the training, tools, and resources to accurately diagnose and repair these hi-tech drive systems.
Air Conditioning & Heating (HVAC)
Today’s “climate control”, in-car temperature control systems do a wonderful job of providing you with living-room-like temperature control. Passengers can control the temperature independently of the driver and on many systems, rear passengers have control also. These heating and cooling systems work great, but unfortunately, sometimes things stop working. Bob & Sons has the tools and training to diagnose and remedy any problem that might occur. A sampling of the services we provide include:
- Environmentally friendly air conditioning recharging
- Heating & ventilation diagnosis & repair
- All air conditioning & heating parts replacement including heater & evaporator cores, compressors and hoses, blower motors & electronic modules
Air Bags, Power Windows, and Accessories
Just as the heating and cooling (HVAC) system is designed to keep you comfortable automatically, so too many of the accessories in our cars today add comfort & convenience. Power windows, mirrors, seats, and sunroofs are just a few of the more obvious. Other not-so-obvious convenience features might include a concert-like audio system w/ multiple CD changers, video for passengers, heated seats, mirrors & steering wheel, Airbags, and side curtains. Heated windshield, rain-sensing windshield wipers, keyless or remote entry & a myriad of lighting safety systems are common in today’s vehicles. Rest assured that Bob & Sons Automotive continues to train & obtain the tools to service these complex systems.
Tire alignment, also known as wheel alignment, can help your tires perform properly and help them last longer. It can also improve handling, and keep your vehicle from pulling in one direction.
What is Tire Alignment?
Alignment refers to an adjustment of a vehicle’s suspension – the system that connects a vehicle to its wheels. It is not an adjustment of the tires or wheels themselves. The key to proper alignment is adjusting the angles of the tires which affects how they make contact with the road. Having an alignment done periodically is paramount in keeping your vehicle’s tires in good condition and not prematurely wearing out key components. A wheel alignment can also reveal underlying suspension and steering problems that may have not been obvious to the driver.
How Do I Know if I Need a Tire Alignment?
There are a couple of ways to tell if your vehicle needs a tire alignment. If you’ve noticed one or more of these indicators, you should have your alignment checked by a Bob & Sons Automotive licensed automotive service technician immediately:
- Uneven tread wear
- Vehicle pulling to the left or right
- Your steering wheel is off-center when driving straight
- Steering wheel vibration
Visit Bob & Sons Automotive, under car services and repair in Manchester NH at 321 Kelley St, Manchester, NH 03102. We can’t wait to see you around!